I wanted to start eating healthier again (not that I eat badly but I can always do better) so I decided to create some homemade granola. I love crunchy food, so this is the perfect snack for me. If you know me then you’ll know I like to keep things simple when it comes to cooking lol because I like grab and go items. This granola recipe is a perfect crunchy snack option.
It is a simple recipe that can be made in the oven or stovetop. This recipe is light and customizable, so you can add different dried fruits, nuts and even seeds of your choosing. You can also make larger clusters or do what I did.
- 250g Oatmeal
- 100g Almonds
- 170g Maple syrup
- 70g Melted coconut oil
- 50g Dried cranberries
- 50g Raisins
- 5g Vanilla extract
- 5g Salt
- 5g Cinnamon & nutmeg
- Line a baking sheet pan with parchment or baking mat. Pre-heat oven 350F.
- Combine and stir oats, nuts, and salt together. Add dried fruits if you like (see note)
- Combine and stir maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla together.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture on to baking pan, spread evenly to allow for proper baking.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins or until golden brown (mine were in a little longer)
Things To Note:
- Use any type of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits of your choice.
- Add fruits 10 mins before oatmeal mixture is baked or add them after baking. This will prevent fruits from getting hard after baking (I am speaking from experience here lol)
- For larger clusters, bake evenly for entire time then separate after baking. I did the opposite I wanted a looser mixture.
- Honey can be used in addition to maple syrup.
Ways to Eat Your Granola:
- In a parfait with your favourite fruits and yogurt
- With ice-cream (hey it is a thing lol)
- As a cereal with your favourite milk. (I have done this)
- Eat it as is as a crunchy snack (better if there are larger clusters)
Here is a full video of how the granola recipe was created.