If you are like me, then you absolutely LOVE chocolate anything even if it’s made from cocoa powder. I mean I even enjoy chocolate-covered fruits (well some fruits lol). This cookie is perfect for the holidays and is usually made during the Christmas season but if you are anything like me, then you can eat this any time of year!
The recipe I am about to share with you is so quick and easy anyone can prepare it. It is also very delicious, let’s not forget that! It’s essentially a one-bowl mixing method that takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
This chocolate crinkle cookie is a beautiful marriage between a brownie and a cookie! So if you LOVE #brownies, then this cookie is for you!
- 125g Flour
- 60g Cocoa powder
- 5g baking powder
- 55g Butter (or oil)
- 220g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 100g (2) eggs
- 5g Vanilla Extract
- 100g icing sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven at 350F, line baking sheet with parchment, then melt butter in microwave.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a bowl, set aside
- Whisk eggs together, then add to dry ingredients, and mix.
- Add melted butter to flour mixture, mix again
- A dough will form, chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours (or until firm to the touch)
- Once the dough has been chilled, get an ice-cream scoop, your size of choice, and scoop dough.
- Roll scooped dough into 100g of icing sugar and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Set a few inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes (depending on your oven)
- Once baked, leave in tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Things To Note
- Brown sugar can be used in this recipe as well, I ran out of brown sugar, so I used white instead. You can use 50g brown sugar and 170g white sugar.
- Oil can also be used to create this recipe, use the same amount as the butter.
- Extracts can be added to the mixture, I forgot to add my vanilla extract but you can use any flavour you think will complement this cookie.
- These cookies can dry out easily if left in the oven too long, so please keep an eye out. Your bake time really depends on your oven temperature so know your oven!
Here is a video of how it was made!