I am a huge fan of broccoli, honestly, I can eat it everyday and not get bored lol. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner depending on what is being served, I feel no guilt or hear your judgment lol.
I remember purchasing a broccoli salad for my lunch a while back at a kiosk and thought OMG this is delicious lol but maybe I was just hungry. I never made broccoli salad, so I used this as an opportunity to create my own.
Just so you know, I was on the Keto diet for at least a year, and have been relatively low carb for almost 2 years. This salad is a good low carb meal for me. I say meal because it can be eaten as a side or on its own (I do it either way lol)
Now let’s get into the recipe.
- Broccoli Bunch
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g raisins
- 50g sliced almonds
- 50g shredded cheese
- 50g Mayo
- Red pepper chili flakes
- Black pepper
- Basil/oregano mix
- Bring a pot with water to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Blanch Broccoli . Place broccoli in hot water and leave until your desired tenderness is reached. DO NOT BOIL
- Once your desired tenderness is met, drain broccoli then pat dry using a paper towel or kitchen towel. Let cool
- Combine all seasoning with mayo, mix and set aside.
- Once broccoli is cooled, add mayo and mix.
- Top with cheese, cranberries and nuts. Mix slightly
Things to Note
- I suggest using a mayo you know is on the thicker side, it taste so much better. The picture above was made with a mayo that was light on application but again this is a personal choice.
- I added the seasoning to mayo for even distribution. Use any seasoning of your choice that you think will complement your salad. It’s that simple!
- This broccoli salad is so versatile, you can add fruits such as apples & pears along with nuts like pecans & walnuts. You can even add croutons if you choose.
- It’s a simple salad that can be eaten on it’s own or with a side of protein ( I’ve said this before lol)
Here is a video of how the salad was made!