I was craving cheesy breadsticks, that is why we are here today! This is essentially a very simple recipe; you can make a delicious homemade pizza dough (see below) or you can use a store bought one (I have not tested this theory!)
Pizza dough is so versatile that you can make breadsticks and a pizza using the same exact dough at the same time. Seriously! Just divide dough into 2 equal portions. Now you can choose to mix this dough by hand or by using a mixer with a dough hook attachment.
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 375g Flour
- 225g Warm water
- 8g Salt
- 6g Yeast
Method by Hand
- Add warm water to yeast just enough to cover, then set aside.
- Make a well in flour, add hydrated yeast mixture, mix enough to cover, add salt, and then add remaining water.
- Mix until dough is formed, then turn on to work surface, knead until the dough is fully developed.
- Rest dough for 30-60 minutes depending on your environment.
Method by Mixer
- Add yeast into the mixing bowl, then add water, followed by flour then salt.
- Mix for 8 minutes on speed 3 and 7 minutes on speed 5. Mix longer if needed.
- Round dough and rest for 30-60 minutes depending on your environment.
- 20g melted butter
- 10g olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp salt 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Mix everything in the bowl together and set aside.
- Take prepared pizza dough. Shape as you would a pizza. Brush with seasoned garlic mixture.
- Top with cheese of your choice, I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into segments.
- Bake for 20 mins at 350F or until golden brown. This all depends on your oven.
Things to Note
- The longer you rest your dough, the more developed it will be, which gives more flavour.
- You can season with your choice seasoning and top with your choice cheese.
Here is the full video of how the breadsticks were made!