Fried bakes or fry dumplings, no matter the name once you make it, I am there lol. Not all fried dumplings are created equally and not everyone can make them lol trust me I know lol. I even remember the first time I attempted making fried dumplings, they were hard as a rock lol but I still ate those badboys with zero shame.
It took me quite sometime to get these babies perfected because babyyyyyyy, when I made these a FEW times before let’s just say I made rocks (had to say it twice!) and stones lol.
I can go on and on about how much I enjoy these tasty gems but let’s get into the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- oil to fry
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in bowl and stir.
- Add butter to flour mixture and work until a coarse meal is formed.
- Add water a little at a time until dough is formed.
- Dough will be extra sticky when formed. Lightly flour worksurface and knead dough.
- Dough will be soft, don’t overworked and don’t add extra flour (you will be tempted).
- Divide dough into equal portions and round. Cover divided dough, and heat oil.
- Once oil is hot, place rounded dough in hands and press slightly with thumb in the middle to form a small indent. (video shows full process)
- Place dough in heated oil and allow to cook. End results should be golden brown. Rotate constantly to allow for even colour.
Things To Note
- Butter used in the recipe makes the product super soft (my opinion lol)
- I used coconut oil to fry my dumplings. To me they give the dumplings an amazing flavour. Use oil of your choice though lol. I have used different oils in the past and coconut oil is my fav!
- I fry these in a small pot since I don’t always have enough oil to fill a bigger pot. Use enough oil to cover dough when inserted into pot.
- Dough will puff up while cooking, rotate for even cooking.
- Sugar can be omitted from from recipe
- Dumplings can be eating on their own or with your fav protien. I eat them with basically anything lol.
These dumplings are very addictive.
2 thoughts on “Caribbean Style Fried (fry) Dumpling”
I actually tried your recipe, they came out pretty good
LikeLiked by 2 people
That’s awesome. I am happy you tired and were happy with the results
LikeLiked by 1 person