Who doesn’t love brownies (except the people who do not like brownies lol)? I for one enjoy a good ole chocolate brownie. There are many types of brownies but to me the fudge brownies trump them all. Yup I said it. I do not like cakey brownies because if I wanted to eat cake, I would just make or purchase a chocolate cake.
Some people use real chocolate in their recipes, others use half chocolate half cocoa powder but it doesn’t matter what you use as long as it’s delicious lol. This recipe yields a rich and moist fudge chocolate brownie by using cocoa powder.
I love anything chocolate, so this brownie is everything to me now let’s get into the recipe.
- 150g Salted butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 80g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g Eggs (2)
- 75g Flour -sifted
- 4g vanilla extract
- Combine butter, sugar, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Put bowl over a pot with heated water (bain-marie)
- Stir until butter is melted, and sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs gradually and vanilla, stir until combined.
- Add sifted flour to chocolate mixture and mix until flour is fully incorporated
- DO NOT OVER MIX- pour batter in a prepared 8×8 pan (lined with parchment).
- Bake for 20-35 minutes- depending on your oven at 350C
Things to Note
- Nuts or chocolate chips/chunks can be added but not needed.
- This recipe is a small batch so an 8×8 pan is perfect. Use a smaller sized pan to get more height to your brownie if needed.
- Brownies can be eaten as is, or warm with a scoop of your favoruite vanilla ice cream.