I’m a bread girl, so there should be no surprise that this bread made the list of my top 5 choices. Brioche bread is so buttery that it melts in your mouth! Brioche is a classic French bread which makes it perfect for you guest it French toast lol. It’s really a thing you should try it!
I’ve made brioche buns, braided loaves and sandwich loaves with this recipe and I am never disappointed. Bread is not something that can be rushed and time is your best friend so with that being said let’s get into the recipe.
- 65g Flour
- 65g Warmed Milk
- 6g Yeast
- 240g Flour
- 20g Sugar
- 180g Butter
- 150g Eggs (3)
- 6g Salt
- Create a sponge (see ingredients) and set aside until doubled in size. This may take 20-30 mins depending on how warm your area is. You will know when the size increased.
- Once sponge has doubled, add remaining ingredients except butter. Whisk eggs before adding to mixture.
- Use the paddle attachment to start, and mix the bread.
- Scrape bowl occasionally to ensure unified mixing then add butter.
- Once butter is added, dough will be sticky, mix then switch to dough hook after all butter was added.
- Once dough is fully mixed, remove, weigh and divide dough into equal portions and roll.
- Spray loaf pan and set aside
- Once dough is completely rounded, placed in prepared loaf pan and rest.
- Rest dough for 1 hour. It will have doubled in size once fully rested
- Egg wash before baking and bake at 350F for 20-30 mins (depending on your oven)
- Remove from pan, cool on wire rack then slice and enjoy your bread.
Things to Note
- Butter should be room temperature. If you are short on time, slightly melt butter before adding to mixture.
- Mix dough using your desired attachment, I started with the paddle attachment then switched to dough hook.
- Do NOT flour work surface. The dough will be difficult to roll if you do.
- Dough can be braided, rounded, turned into burger buns. It’s your dough so have fun with it!
- You can increase the sugar/salt content to taste. This bread is not sweet but very buttery.
Enjoy your bread toasted with even more butter, turn it into French toast and have dessert for breakfast. However you eat it just enjoy!
Full video and process of to make Brioche Bread