Blueberries and lemons are a match made in heaven and makes for a great summer treat. The recipe I am about to share with you doubles as a muffin and loaf cake recipe. Sometimes I don’t always want muffins so I make loaves and vice versa.
This is a quick and easy recipe for anyone to follow, mixed and baked in less than 30 mins.
- 250g Flour
- 15g Baking powder
- 90g melted butter
- 100g milk
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 100g eggs (2)
- 3g salt
- 120g fresh blueberries
- 55g lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- Combine lemon zest with lemon juice then mix
- Add milk, eggs and melted butter together then mix
- Add sugars and salt and mix until combined
- Sift baking powder and flour together
- In a small bowl add about a tablespoon of flour to blueberries and coat. This will prevent them from falling to the bottom during baking
- Spray/line your muffin tins or loaf pans (I am making a loaf)
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients in two stages. Mix to moisten. DO NOT OVERMIX
- Add blueberries and fold into batter in 2 stages.
- Transfer batter into prepared pans and bake.
- Bake for 20 mins at 350F.
- Cool and icing with your favourite glaze or leave plain.
Things to Note
- Lemon extract can be added for a boost of lemon flavour.
- Add more lemon zest (zest from 2-3 lemons) for a more pronounced lemon flavour. Please do this to taste.
- This recipe can be turned into muffins, it should yield about 10-12 muffins.
- A crumble or streusel topping can be added to loaf cakes or muffins before baking
- Do not over mix mixture, if you it may result in a tougher product.
- Frozen blueberries can be used just adjust the quantities accordingly. Frozen blueberries will add more colour to your batter
Full video on how to make a blueberry lemon loaf!