I love a good old fashion butter cookie. I mean butter makes everything better (in my opinion) and since it’s the holiday season why not bake something quick, easy, and delicious!
Traditionally shortbread cookies are made from 3 simple everyday pantry items (butter, sugar, and flour). The recipe I am about to share with you is considered a classic shortbread recipe. It’s only 3 ingredients, 4 if you count salt and it is ready to eat in less than 20 mins. Of course, there are different types of shortbread cookies, but this is one of my favourites.
- 245g Butter (room temperature)
- 170g Sugar
- 270g Flour
- 1/4tsp Salt (if using)
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and use hands or a pastry cutter to incorporate ingredients. A mealy/ course crumb will formed (think pie dough)
- As dough is being worked, it will begin to clump together once this happens, transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Press dough into pan and flatten evenly then prick the top with a fork (I missed this part in the video)
- Bake in oven at 350F for 20mins (edges should be golden brown)
- Once baked, let sit for 2 minutes then cut while still warm.
Things To Note:
- Baking dish should be ungreased and unlined
- Omit salt if using salted butter.
- Add vanilla extract for added flavour (it is not necessary)
- Baking times depend on your oven. Adjust accordingly.
- Cut shortbread while warm (once product cools it will be hard)
- Enjoy your shortbread!
What’s your favourite holiday cookie?