Strawberries are some of my all-time favourite fruits, honestly, I can eat them covered in chocolate, eat them as is, or baked in something yummy like this loaf cake. Strawberries are never disappointing unless they are sour and tasteless yes, I’ve been hurt before lol. So, this loaf cake is perfect for excess strawberries you may have and the not-so-perfect ones lol because who wants to eat strawberries that aren’t sweet NOT ME lol. I usually have strawberries that linger around after I’ve had my fill so I always end up making scones, muffins, and loaf cakes (so many possibilities) but these are my go-to.
With a few pantry ingredients, you can have a delicious yummy loaf cake that can double as a muffin recipe. I kid you not, if you want muffins to grab and go this recipe is perfect for you.
- 250g flour (I used all-purpose)
- 15g baking powder
- 3g salt
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 55g fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 110g milk
- 90g melted butter
- 120g fresh strawberries (cut small)
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl
- Combine eggs, sugar, and salt together and mix, then add lemon juice and zest. Mix
- Once fully combined, add melted butter, then add milk and mix until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, coat fresh strawberries with about 1tbps of flour
- Pour half of the liquid mixture into the flour mixture in 2 stages, then add half of the coated strawberries and mix. Repeat with the remaining mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Spray baking pan or line muffin tins and set aside
- Scoop/pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 15-25 mins at 350F
Things To Note
- Overmixing batter with result in a product that is touch and has little to no rise with possible tunneling (small air bubbles throughout the product)
- Baking times depend on your oven and environment.
- Frozen strawberries can be used to make this product, as well as bottled lemon juice if you don’t have fresh lemons on hand.
- Use milk of your choice, I used whole milk, buttermilk can work as well as coconut milk
- A lemon glaze can be used to finish this product using lemon juice and icing sugar. 1/2 cup icing sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. If the product is watery add tsp icing sugar at a time to get the consistency you desire.